When you get your child’s first passport photo, there are a lot things to think about. From gathering the right documents to getting an appointment, the process includes several steps — and the most challenging one just might be taking your baby’s passport photo. Because you must provide two passport photos that match the common requirements for an Australian passport photo along with other documents. In this article, you will learn about passport photos for baby requirements in Australia and the best ways to take an Australian baby passport photo.
Where Can I Get an Australian Baby’s Passport Photo?
Numerous pharmacies and chemists, large chain stores with printing facilities, camera stores, and post offices in Australia offer passport photo services. The regular price for two prints is about AUD 15. Taking an Australian passport photo for an infant or baby can be quite difficult as it is tough to convince the child to sit silently in an unknown place. It’s not like you can simply say “sit up straight and look at the camera” to a baby who can’t yet hold up their own head. That’s why most parents prefer to take their child passport photo at home in order to save money, time and effort .
Some essential requirements for a baby’s passport photo in size and quality include:
- Provide two identical, good quality color print photos which are taken less than six months. And printed photos are produced using dye sublimation, not from an inkjet printer.
- The photo has to be 35mm to 40mm wide and 45mm to 50mm high.
- The size of the face from chin to crown can be up to a maximum of 36mm, with a minimum of 32mm.
- The photo must not be retouched of any kind (including removal of background, moles, or scars).
- The photo should be with plain white or light grey background that contrasts with your face.
- Uniform lighting (no shadows or reflections), with appropriate brightness and contrast to show natural skin tone.
- Face centred and looking straight at the camera; not tilted in any direction.
- Hair off your face so that the edges of your face are visible
- The eyes must be open, the mouth must be closed. For infants (under three years of age), a photo with an open mouth is acceptable.
- No other person or object is visible in the photo.
- Photography should be taken with a neutral expression (not smiling, laughing or frowning).
- If you wear hearing aids, you can wear them in your passport photo.
- You can wear the head cover in your passport photo for religious reasons and the coverings have to be plain, without patterns (even small patterns), and worn in a way that shows your face from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead. The edges of your face on either side also have to be visible.
Example of an Australian baby passport photo:
How to Take a Baby Passport Picture at Home
From all the official rules about baby passport photos to tips and tricks for photographing your baby, don’t feel stressed — it can be done easily. DIY-ing your baby’s passport photos at home is a bit easier than getting them done elsewhere, and we have got you covered.
- Put the baby on a white or plain-color sheet. If you have a toddler, you can place the sheet over a high chair and take the photo while they sit.
- Position the camera about 1.5 meters from the child – just make sure you aren’t creating a shadow on them.
- Ensure that your baby’s head is in the center of the photo.
- Using the right lighting – taking a photo in natural daylight is best. Avoid light that creates shadows on your baby’s face.
- It helps if two adults are present — one adult can take the photo and one can use a toy to focus the child’s attention, just making sure their eyes are open and looking at the camera.
- Take several photos and pick the best one, then get an Australian baby passport photo using online photo editing tool.
How to Make an Australian Baby Passport Photo Online
After you get the baby photos, you need a professional passport photo tool to make the photo that meets all Australian standard specifications. An AI tool like AiPassportPhotos is coming to the rescue right now. Simply upload a photo taken with the simple guide below and easily get your qualified passport photo for baby now.
- Open AiPassportPhotos website on your devices.
- Choose document type and select Australia and Australia baby passport photos.
- Select and upload an image from your photo library. The process takes some time.
- Crop size automatically. Australia passport photos have strict size and proportion specifications that you must follow. AI technology examines your passport photos online intelligently, resizes the photo, changes the background, and improves overall photo quality.
- Save printable templates and it allows you to get them printed in stores that provide photo services at a more favorable price.
- Cut it out and use it on your application.
An Australian passport photo for a baby made by AiPassportdPhotos will look like it was taken in a professional studio, but rather, it does much less hassle and price. You will never experience discouragement anymore with the fully functional photo tool, because AiPassportPhotos will ensure 100% acceptance of your photos.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it there and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, driver’s license, ID and passport. It has built-in helpers for typical size specifications. You can also freely enter any size and alignment specifications you want. It also supports different countris’ passport photos processing.
Gone are days when you have to spend hours lining up to take photos in a photo studio and waiting for printed photos. With the help of online photo tools like AiPassportPhotos, you can get your Australian baby passport photos at home in seconds. It’s safe, easy and economical.