The validity of an Indian passport is up to 10 years, and the passport can be renewed before the expiration date or immediately after it. A passport is an important aspect of proving one’s identity or citizenship. At the 10-year mark, it’s bound for renewal. There are various guidelines one needs to keep in mind for their Indian passport renewal and the required pointers for getting a passport photo clicked. You can scroll down the post to learn about passport renewal, the documents required, and its photo requirements.
Renewal of Indian Passport
To renew your passport online, you must first have a passport account on the official website of Passport Seva. You can log in with the needed details if registered on the website.
After logging in, you must click the Apply for fresh passport/ Re-issue of passport link.
A form will be displayed on the portal. You will have to provide the details the form asks for. Make sure to review the form before submitting it, as the information you’ve filled in cannot be altered later. You will have to start the process again in case of errors made.
To schedule an appointment, select View Saved/Submitted Application after you’ve successfully reviewed the form and made the necessary changes, if any.
Make online payments at the Passport Seva Kendra. The approval of payment marks the completion of the application process.
You can complete the payment through the accepted modes of payment. In the case that internet banking, including debit and credit cards, is not accessible to you, you can print an offline challan and make the deposit at any SBI branch. It will take the bank up to 2 days to verify the payment.
You can click on the Print Application Receipt link to get a receipt containing all the details and the Application Reference Number.
Once the appointment has been scheduled, you must visit the passport office on the designated date and time. Missing the appointment will require you to restart the application process again.
At the office, you will be allotted a specific group number which will be mentioned on the application form. The application process will begin when the particular group number is called. If the renewal application for your passport gets accepted, you will receive the renewed passport at your registered address within a few working days.
The documents needed for passport renewal
Additional paperwork needs to be submitted along with the application for passport renewal. Documentation differs based on the individual’s age and the renewed passport type. Documents required for the renewal process are
- Original old passport required.
- Self-attested photocopies of the first two and last two pages of the passport.
- Self-attested copy of the Emigration Check Required (ECR)/Non-ECR page.
- Self-attested photocopy of the page of observation (if any) made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
- Self-attested photocopy of the validity extension page, if any, concerning the Short Validity Passport (SVP)
- Proof of documents that eliminate the cause of issuance of Short Validity Passport (SVP).
- The photograph must be 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) and should be in
- The front of the face should be visible with eyes open. The picture should present the complete facial structure from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin. Head coverings are allowed for religious reasons, but they shouldn’t be covering the face of the subject. Both edges of the face should show up clearly.
- The photo should be in portrait style, with the subjectfacing the camera directly without turning or tilting their head.
- The subject’s eyes should be open, level, and visible, withoutany hair or eyeglasses frames covering them. If eyeglasses are worn, the lenses must not be tinted, and there should be no glare.
- The measurements of the head should range from 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 m to 35 mm). The measurements for the height of the eye should be between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3 inches.
- The background of the photoshould be white or off-white, without any shadows or distracting elements.
- The final print should display a continuous tone quality,without any visible pixels or dot patterns.
- The lighting should be three-point,with no shadows on the face or background. The image should not be under-exposed or over-exposed .
- For children under the age of 10, requirementsfor the height of the face and the position of the eyes may be relaxed, but the clarity of the frontal face in the photo is still necessary. Babies under one year need not have their eyes open. The child should be the only one in the photo, with a neutral expression and a closed mouth.
Get passport photos ready here
Are you looking to renew your Indian passport but dreading the hassle of taking a perfect passport photo? We have good news for you! AiPassportPhotos can relieve your worries by making your passport photos online! Its effective AI processing technology saves hours of time working out the requirements yourself or paying someone else to do it for you.
The tool takes care of everything, from adjusting the photo’s size and format to ensuring that it meets all the necessary specifications. Say goodbye to the hassle and get your passport photo ready in no time with AiPassportPhotos.
The above post details the application process required for the Indian passport renewal and the documents needed for the process. It also delves into the guidelines for taking the appropriate picture for your passport. The passport application process can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to the guidelines for taking an appropriate photo. But with the AiPassportPhotos tool, you can get your Indian passport renewal done within seconds!