Get a passport photo template
A passport photo template is needed especially when you need to create a perfect picture for passport application. It shows the exact measurement of a specific document, regardless of the country. It does not require the applicant's effort and knowledge of passport photo requirements.
Take 2x2 inch passport photo requirements as specific example. The photo must be a clear, high-quality image of your face with a neutral expression, and you must be facing the camera directly with your eyes open and visible. The background of the photo must be plain white or off-white, and there can be no shadows or reflections in the image.
Despite the seemingly simple requirements, taking the perfect passport photo can be a challenging task. Lighting, positioning, and even facial expression can all affect the outcome of the photo. Even if you manage to take a photo that meets the requirements, there is always the possibility that it may be rejected due to technical issues or other factors.
However, taking a template for passport photos can save you time, effort, and avoid frustration. By using a pre-made template, you can ensure that your photo meets all the necessary requirements without having to worry about technical details or spending money on a professional photographer.
Requirements set by the U.S. Department of State：
Before uploading your photo to the template, it is also essential to understand the specific requirements of the passport photo, which can help you create the perfect passport photo more efficiently.
The strict requirements set by the U.S. Department of State：
- The photo must be taken within the last six months and show a clear, front-facing view of the applicant's face.
- The photo must also have a white or off-white background and be printed on high-quality photo paper.
- The passport size photo dimensions must be 2 inches by 2 inches, with the applicant's head measuring between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- The photo must be in color.
- The photo must show the applicant with a neutral expression, with both eyes open and looking directly at the camera.
- Any glasses worn by the applicant must not have tinted lenses and must not obscure the eyes.
- Hats, head coverings, or clothing that obscures the applicant's face or head are not permitted in the photo, except for religious reasons.
Read on to learn how we can assist you and what types of passport photo templates we provide.
A 2x2 passport photo template
The 2x2 passport photo template is a common requirement for many countries. Including the United States, India, and so on. This template requires that the photo be two inches by two inches in size and must be taken against a plain white or off-white background. Additionally, the applicant must face the camera directly, and the photo must be in color.
Baby passport photo template
There are specific guidelines that must be followed for a baby's passport photo to be accepted. These prerequisites are country-specific but often consist of the following:
- Neutral facial expression: The child should keep their mouth closed and have a neutral facial expression. They shouldn't smile, frown, or do anything else with their faces.
- Eyes open and visible: The child's eyes must be open and visible. They can't be covered by hair or anything else.
- Head in the middle and straight: The child's head should be in the middle and facing straight into the camera, and his or her shoulders should be square to the camera.
- Background should be plain and light: The photo's background should be plain and light, with no patterns or shadows.
- No other people can be in the photo: during the photo shoot, you are not allowed to hold your baby which may shoot you into the photo.
- No head coverings: The child should not be wearing any head coverings, except for religious or medical reasons.
Using a passport photo template provided by AiPassportPhotos can make it easier to get a perfect 2x2 passport photo and your baby's passport photo. With our online passport photo tool, you can upload your photo and automatically resize it to meet the necessary requirements. AiPassportPhotos also ensures that your photo has the proper lighting and background, making it easier to get an accepted passport photo. Besides, you can upload your photos as many times as you want, just pay for the one you like best, which ensures you have the best passport photo.